Past Arts Alliance Events
- Engage Now: an in-depth workshop on audience engagement took place at the Durant Center in September 2015 in collaboration with the Office of the Arts.
- National Arts & Humanities Month celebration at Del Ray Artisans in October 2015 – photo with Mayor Bill Euille and members of the Arts Forum.
- October 2015 Arts Meet Up at MetroStage for the premier of “Uprising” as part of the regional Women’s Voices Theater Festival.
- February 2017 Arts Meet Up at Alexandria Singers’ Cabaret at First Baptist Church.
- Breakfast with Randy Cohen, Americans for the Arts: Randy Cohen, VP of Research & Policy at Americans for the Arts had breakfast with Arts Forum members, and talked about the roll-out of Arts & Economic Prosperity 5 – the national economic impact study of America’s nonprofit arts and culture industry. The program was a collaboration between the Arts Forum, Alexandria Commission for the Arts, and Alexandria Office of the Arts.
- Launched Arts E-Newsletter: We launched an e-newsletter in March.
- Spring2Action Workshop in March 2016 in collaboration with ACT for Alexandria.
- 2nd Annual Spring4TheArts: Alexandria initiated this program to increase arts participation in Spring2Action, 2016.
- Annual Membership Meeting and Open Forum: Taking place in June 2016, looking for ideas on next year’s programs.
- New Website!: Launched during the Open Forum, this website will help members connect to other members.